Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Redefined

I took your messages off my machine
It's just one of the ways I'm trying to wipe the slate clean.
I took your picture out of the frame
The one I took of you the night I called your name.

And nothing much has changed
But everything seems to feel so strange.

I wrote a letter that I'll never send
I wrote down all the things that could offend
I burned the letter when I finished the call
I cursed out loud and I punched the bedroom wall.

And nothing much has changed,
But everything seems to feel so strange
Now I see... the change was in me
I'm redefined as another ex-lover
A friend to call when you need to talk
A casual smile and a "wait and see"
Something more someday might be
But... as for now...

I'm moving on with my life
I'm cutting you out with a grin and a switchblade knife
I'm working hard so it won't take too long
I put my feelings down in a country song

I'm moving on with my life...

No comments: